Monday, April 23, 2007

Why do I knit or crochet??


I do not recall how I first learned to knit. I do remember that knitting and crocheting were everday members of the family I grew up surrounded by.
It was my maternal grandmother who taught me the very basics of crochet and hand embroidery.
Many women say they knit or crochet (or both)because it is relaxing. I have also observed that quite a few are learning these skills for social reasons - to be doing what others are doing, to be part of a group or club or because they pin some spiritual meaning onto the activity. I knit and crochet and sew for the very ordinary reason that this is a way to create useful things and because it allows me an affordible way to provide needs in our family.
I enjoy teaching others who express a real interest.